This is the most up-to-date book on visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco, and the Sacred Valley available, period. V!VA is the one guide you'll need to get the most out of your trip to Machu Picchu and the Inca empire. Written by Cusco experts, in this book you can:
- Explore Machu Picchu using the self-guided tour and color map. Go beyond sightseeing and truly understand the ruins and Inca culture.
- Trek the Inca Trail or one of the many Inca Trail alternatives while having a minimal impact on the environment.
- Immerse yourself in Cusco life by using the extensive information on studying spanish, volunteering, working and living.
- Taste local Peruvian cuisine in world famous restaurants, or track down cheap, good eats while live Andean music fills the streets.
- Find all the nuts and bolts you need to navigate your way from the streets of Lima to the gates of Machu Picchu.
Stay safe with the most up-to-date guide available, continuously updated by the VIVA community on the www.vivatravelguides.com website.